Match Report 6/9/2023
Billingham Synthonia 0, Blyth Town 3

Ebac Northern League Division 2

Billingham Synthonia: O Simpson, Lines, Groom, Banki, A Simpson (C), McLeod, Porritt, Winstanley, Willshaw, Kirkbride (Wilson), Noble (Boyce). Unused Subs; Ferguson, Bruton, O Johnson.
Blyth Town: Baker, Beesley, Sawyer, Gibson (C), Dale, Fell, Slater, Short, Calvert, Cooper, Johnson. Subs; Borley, Walker, Barclay, Waugh, Dick.

Synthonia hosted Division Two leaders Blyth Town with the visitors scoring three unanswered goals to take home the three points.

Blyth almost scored from the first passage of play when a loose Synners ball saw Louis Calvert see the ball just wide of the post. Billingham responded when Lewis Porritt played to Matty Willshaw who shot on goal from the right which was blocked by keeper Lewis Baker.

Synners advanced quickly from a Blyth corner with Willshaw threatening again with Baker coming out on top. McKellan Lines then crossed from the right to Leo Kirkbride who saw his header on goal saved by Baker.

It was Blyth who found the net first in the 31st minute when a cross into the box from Dillan Short on the left fell for LOUIS CALVERT who shot home from close range.

A free-kick on the left for Synners was headed just wide by Jack Winstanley. Blyth then threatened with a Lucas Cooper shot being well saved from Billingham keeper Ollie Simpson.

Both sides had chances late in the half with Cooper again finding space for a shot which again Simpson saved. Synthonia then attacked and Kirkbride sent in a shot which was dipping into the net, but was tipped oner the bar from Baker.

Half-time: Synners 0, Blyth Town 1

The visitors threatened after the restart with a shot on goal going just wide. They did extend their lead though when in the 60th minute a ball across goal from the left saw LOUIS CALVERT convert from close range for his second of the night.

Blyth continued to create openings with a shot from the left being blocked by Simpson then a shot from the right from Nathan Beesley was blocked by a Synners defender before Simpson was able to gather.

A couple of Willshaw shots went over the bar as Synthonia looked for a way back into the game. Blyth then threatened with substitute Charlie Walker going in on goal to the right; his shot well saved from Simpson.

Blyth wrapped the game up in added-on time with a 91st minte free-kick from wide left seeing CHARLIE WALKER have a header on goal which hit the right hand post, but the ball rebounded kindly for him and he was able to shoot home.

Full-time: Synners 0, Blyth Town 3

Referee: T Craig. Assistants: T Stannett, F Malton.

Attendance: 110

Match highlights from SynnersTV on YouTube