Match Report 15/9/2023
Billingham Synthonia 2, Redcar Town 0

Ebac Northern League Division 2

Billingham Synthonia: O Simpson, Wilson, Winstanley, Banki (Tucker), A Simpson (C), McLeod, Bruton (Noble), Peacock (Travers), Willshaw, Williams (Williamson), Porritt. Unused Sub; Groom.
Redcar Town: Algie, Bean, Chapman, McCardle, Drummond (C), Heathcock, Smith, Redman, Addison, Reader, Bielby. Subs; Webster, Lee, Blackburn, Webb, Wheatley.

Billingham hosted Redcar Town at Stokesley Sports Club and took the three points thanks to a Carl Williams strike and a late own goal.

It was Redcar who put pressure on the Synners goal early in the game, but the home defence stood firm denying any clear chances. They came close when two former Synners players combined with Connor Smith playing to Anth McCardle who shot just wide of the right hand post.

Synthonia advanced with Jack Winstanley on the left crossing for Williams at the back post who saw his volley over the bar. Moments later and Cam Wilson played to Lewis Porritt on the right who in turn played into Matty Willshaw; his shot though, over the bar.

Billingham threatened again as Alex Bruton traded passes with Callum Banki only to see his shot lack any venom and wide. Redcar responded with a Clark Reader shot on goal which was comfortable for Synners keeper Ollie Simpson.

The visitors had a good chance when a cross from the right from Daniel Bean came to Smith who turned and shot across goal inches past the left hand upright. Synthonia responded with another Willshaw shot, this time blocked by a defender.

After a Jamie McLeod free-kick saw the ball come to Willshaw who tried a overhead kick but over, Billingham opened the scoring in the 41st minute with Mcleod's ball forward being flicked on by Willshaw for CARL WILLIAMS to run in on goal and finish well with his shot from the left past keeper Michael Algie and in.

Half-time: Synners 1, Redcar Town 0

After the break Redcar broke quickly following a Synners attack with McCardle forcing a save out of Simpson with his shot from the right angle of the box. Then a corner on the left from Oliver Bielby saw a shot blocked with the ball coming back out to Bielby who shot just past the far post.

A Banki shot deflected wide for Synthonia then substitute Ryu Williamson took the ball past Algie, but was denied by a defensive block on the goal-line as the home side looked to extend the lead.

The visitors had chances when firstly Blue Addison brought a good save out of Simpson with his shot from from inside the penalty area, the loose ball came to substitute James Webb who saw his shot from close range blocked on the goal-line from defender McLeod.

Williamson had a shot go wide of the target before Billingham wrapped up the game in the 91st minute when Liam Travers' free-kick on the right was sent back across goal from Mitch Noble where Redcar substitute JAMIE LEE cut out the cross, but could only divert the ball intio his own net.

Full-time: Synners 2, Redcar Town 0

Referee: D Mitchell. Assistants: L Brown, T Phillips.

Attendance: 203

Match highlights from SynnersTV on YouTube