Match Report 26/3/2024
Bedlington Terriers 0, Billingham Synthonia 2

Ebac Northern League Division 2

Bedlington Terriers: Hodgson, Bolton, Morton, Anderson, G Hayton, Ames, Thompson, Franklin, M Hayton, Dinsley (C), Watson. Subs; Carr, Nelson, Roys, Pritchard, McRoberts.
Billingham Synthonia: Taylor, Miley, Groom, Scotland-Peacock (Lines), A Simpson (C), McLeod, Porritt, Winstanley, Brown, Willshaw (Williamson), Hogan (Noble). Unused Subs; Dalgleish, O Johnson.

Billingham made the midweek trip to face Bedlington Terriers at Morpeth Town's Craik Park and came home with the three points in a 2-0 win.

The Terriers threataned early in the game when a move down the right saw the ball played inside and a close range shot on goal was denied by a great stop from Synners keeper Sam Taylor.

After a Matty Willshaw free-kick for Synthonia went over the bar, Bedlington advanced again down the right and again Taylor produced a great save to keep them out. Billingham then responded with Willshaw taking a great touch to go in on goal from Luke Hogan's ball forward; his shot though inches past the left hand post.

Another Taylor save denied Bedlington, this time from a shot from the edge of the penalty area. Synners then opened the scoring in the 22nd minute when Alfie Simpson sent in a free-kick from the half-way line on the right for DECLAN BROWN who chested the ball down before taking a touch and volleying home.

Billingham where denied a second goal for a close offside against Willshaw as he found the net from Jonny Scotland-Peacock's ball forward. Willshaw saw sight of goal again when he shot inches past the right hand post after good work from Hogan on the left.

Twice more Willshaw was caught narrowly offside before finding the net. The last chance of the half fell for Lewis Porritt who could only shoot wide of the target.

Half-time: Bedlington Terriers 0, Synners 1

After the break and a move forward for Bedlington saw the ball played in from the left and a shot on goal was blocked by a Synners defender before the loose ball was sent over the bar. Willshaw then won possession wide left, but his shot from distance was wide of the goal.

The Terriers came forward again with Taylor saving from a shot from the edge of the box, a follow up shot resulted in them finding the net only to be flagged offside.

It would be Synthonia who found the net next as they doubled their advantage in the 88th minute. A Bedlington throw-in towards the keeper was latched onto by substitute RYU WILLIAMSON who took a touch past the keeper to go in on goal and finish into an empty net.

Synners were reduced to ten men in the 90th minute when Brown received a second yellow. The points were in the bag though which keeps Billingham in the hunt for a play-off spot as the run-in to the season end approaches.

Full-time: Bedlington Terriers 0, Synners 2

Referee: T Lishman, Assistants: D Hellyar, C Search.

Attendance: 77

Match highlights from SynnersTV on YouTube