Match Report 28/2/2024
Billingham Synthonia 4, Horden CW 2

Ebac Northern League Division 2

Billingham Synthonia: O Simpson, Miley, Hogan, Davis, A Simpson (C), Scaife-Wheatley (Scotland-Peacock), Winstanley, Brown, Willshaw (Porritt), Hutchinson, Lavan (Noble). Unused Sub; Lines, McLeod.
Horden CW: Atkinson, Dobinson, K Campbell, Skidmore, Riding, Flounders, Bird, Wallace, Pounder (C), T Campbell, Gordon. Subs; Doughty, James, Bradshaw, Hodgson, Foster.

Synners hosted Horden CW and ran out 4-2 winners.

After an early shot from Horden went wide of the target, Synners advanced and opened the scoring in the 6th minute when Ash Lavan won possession and realeased CRAIG HUTCHINSON in on goal who took the ball past advancing keeper Joe Atkinson and fired the ball home.

Billingham came close to extending the lead when Declan Brown played in from the right for Matty Willshaw who shot narrowly over the bar. Then after a Tyler Miley shot was blocked, Hutchinson latched onto the loose ball with Atkinson blocking his shot.

Horden came back at Synthonia and after a shot was blocked, they levelled the game up in the 21st minute as a loose ball back to keeper Ollie Simpso was intercepted by JACK POUNDER who finished well from a tight angle on the left.

Billingham regained the advantage before the break when, in the 41st minute, Jack Winstanley's free-kick from the right was headed back across goal by Brown for CRAIG HUTCHINSON who fired in from the right into the far side of the net.

Half-time: Synners 2, Horden CW 1

After chances for both sides failed to trouble either keeper, Synners came close when a Jonny Peacock throw-in into the box was met by a Brown header which Atkinson did well to parry; the loose ball coming to Hutchinson who headed just over.

Synthonia continued to press and a Willshaw shot went just wide of the target and then a Luke Hogan free-kick into the box saw Brown head on goal which brought a good save out of the Horden keeper.

It would be Horden who found the net next though as they levelled the game up again when Synners couldn't clear their lines and JACK POUNDER punished them with a good finish in the 65th minute.

Billingham again re-took the lead with a right wing corner from LUKE HOGAN in the 79th minute evading the Horden rearguard as the ball sailed into the net.

Synthonia stayed on the front foot and more chances ensued as the game came to a close before they added a fourth in the 93rd minute; Alfie Simpson punted upfield and the Horden keeper was off his line but Hutchinson got a touch on the ball first allowing LEWIS PORRITT to go in on goal and shoot home passed a covering defender.

Full-time: Synners 4, Horden CW 2

Referee: T James, Assistants: C Royal, H Cairns.

Attendance: 102

Match highlights from SynnersTV on YouTube